MY ODYSSEY ON WRITING, PUBLISHING, and MARKETING
POST # 5
GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS
First the good news:
- I completed all I needed to do to prepare my Odyssey for printing.
- I sent required sample pages to the publisher for them to agree the book is ready to be printed.
- I received encouraging feedback from a number of different people.
- I began to generate a list of what to do, and who to contact suggested by Marilyn and Tom Ross in their excellent book: Jump Start Your Own Book Sales.
- I secured a commitment by Thomas Bratter -Ph.D. - the Director of a prestigious therapeutic community program called John Dewey Academy - to write a foreword.
- Lanie Robertson - a playwright - read my manuscript and said that it was too complex to be a play but had real possibilities as a movie. He said that if I gave him permission he would take it to a contact he has at Paramount pictures.
- I received an impressive endorsement from Dr. Lewis Yablonsky - an expert on therapeutic communities.